February 3rd: Winter Storm

 

Nearly a foot of snow fell today offering a special backdrop.  Seeing three people "Ice Water Kayaking" was a complete surprise and new to me but was enjoyable to watch from the bridge over the canal.  The sparrows were the only birds I saw in the back woods near the prairie.  The Pileated I heard carrying on and then saw it in the trees near the Butler Fountain and Bell Tower area.  By the end of the walk, my camera was completely covered with snow and ice.  Glad the D7100 is weather sealed.  

The kayak photo turned out really well I thought although I can't tell if I should crop the bottom of the photo or not and I also liked the sparrow photos in the prairie grass. 

Some went to extreme measures to get out today










Popular posts from this blog

Young Great Horned Owls: Morning Walk, April 24

Olympic Photo: Steve Prefontaine & Lasse Viren

House: Basement