The Blue Jay

 

I was fortunate to capture a decent photo of a Blue Jay.  I cannot remember seeing one in my area for at least a year.  I don't know why they are rare around here (perhaps they are good at hiding) but they certainly stand out when they finally emerge.  Saw this one North of the Butler Prairie in the Northwest corner of where the IM fields meet the woods and trails.  This was one of the very first good shots using the "new" d7100 (with Tamron 400mm) but even then I had to crop in quite a bit to get the right FOV.  Still turned out to be a good photograph (thanks to the bird) and a keeper considering the rarity of the Blue Jays around here.


Cropped Image


Original Image:  1/640, f7.1, ISO 1250

Popular posts from this blog

Young Great Horned Owls: Morning Walk, April 24

Olympic Photo: Steve Prefontaine & Lasse Viren

House: Basement